Job Title: Mechanical Supervisor
Responsible To: Mechanical Contracts Manager
Aim of Position
Responsible for the supervision of mechanical sub-contractor installation to one of the two new build office developments in Reading. Responsible for the day to day monitoring of controls / systems / Equipment Hire / Health & Safety / Co-ordination of services and general running of the contract in respect to materials, programme and liaison with builder, M&E Site Manager and Sub-Contractors.
- Responsible for a number of systems including but not limited to the following – Controls/ BMS, fire systems, AHU’s, boilers, chillers, pressurisation units, water booster sets, FCUs, Water Treatment, and Ventilation.
- Managing on site sub-contractors ensuring they complete tasks on time and safely to required standards.
- To allocate work and completion in accordance with the company processes and Main Contractor’s Programme
- Providing an element of cost, programme, safety and build ability advice
- Adherence to all Statutory Standards and Regulations. Supervising and coordinating M&E contractors.
- Responsible for daily checks on the building management systems so that they work at optimum efficiency.
- Full CSCS & SSTS card required
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in building services, preferably in a supervisory mechanical role
- Fully flexible regarding working hours and days working weekends out of hours
- Recognised Safety Training
- Self motivated and the ability to work within a team or independently
- Excellent H&S Knowledge and Standards