Salary: £17 ph
Hours: 42 hour contract
Overtime: Double time on Sundays. If, working on a Bank Holiday – day off in lieu as well as double time.
1.5 times basic rate OT for working Mon-Saturday in excess of contracted hours.
Required to work 1 in 4 Saturdays.
23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- As a Shift Engineer you will be a key player in the operational team ensuring optimum production asset availability through: Development and implementation of action plans to address root cause of all failures.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for attending to breakdowns promptly and ensuring all work orders and planned maintenance tasks are completed Delivering training and support to operator level functions where required.
- To work with departmental leaders and others developing a pride in the work areas keeping them clean, tidy and ensuring works do not compromise quality or safety.
- Promote team work across all functions including production, technical and new product development.
- You will support all aspects of the operation to ensure products are manufactured in a safe, hygienic, and efficient manner.
- You are to ensure individual accountability for best practise and keeping skills up to date
- You will also be required carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by lead engineer, production or shift managers or other members of the site management team.
- Ensure that performance of plant is maintained at agreed levels – aim of 100%.
- Plan and complete tasks for self from PPM and Manufacturers schedules.
- Support production, with ideas and initiative’s to optimise line efficiency
- Encourage an open communication culture between departments. (Engineering, Technical, Production, Planning, NPD, and Hygiene).
- To be a role model for the Operatives in assisting and driving the agreed standards with shift and site managers
- Planned maintenance tasks including daily checks.
- Checks include start up, line set (safety, operations, technical and engineering), routine maintenance in accordance with manufacturer’s schedules, complete relevant documentation in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Communicate requirements or issues to the relevant personnel: Production, planning, technical etc.
- Receive, prioritise, and complete work orders.
- Receive work orders from various departments (technical, production, etc.). Provide feedback to relevant personnel on issues and/or completion of tasks. Assist with Instruction and demonstration of efficient machine operation with production ,hygiene and technical as required
- Completion of maintenance projects: Modifications, or process upgrades
- Continuous improvement
- Services i.e. Electrical, air, vacuum, etc.
- Additional projects as needed or requested on an ongoing basis
- Relevant Engineering Qualifications (Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, health and safety etc.)
- Experience in FMCG
- PLC Fault finding/ diagnostics
- Health and Safety
- Food Safety/ Allergen Handling
- Maintenance of PPM & Defect Systems
- Management Skills
If this position sounds like your next career move then please get in touch. Alternatively If you know someone suitable please contact me on
or 01473 552924
No token or token has expired.
Job Reference: BBBH2267_1565965861
Salary: £16 - £17 per hour
Salary From: £16
Salary To: £17
Job Industries: Skilled Trades and Engineers
Job Locations: Kent
Job Types: Permanent